Join ALRANZ if you are interested in supporting reproductive justice in Aotearoa New Zealand. We are keeping this page up as a record.
ALRANZ and the Prochoice Highway have put together a Bill of Reproductive Rights. We hope you’ll fill in the form below to show your support. Ngā mihi nui. Thank you!
Support A Bill of Reproductive Rights
1. The right of all couples and individuals to decide freely the number and spacing of children, and to have the information, education and means to do so;
2. The right to freely access and have available a comprehensive array of reproductive health options: contraception, including emergency contraception, and sterilisation, abortion and maternity care;
3. The right to have reproductive decisions treated as a health matter, and to have reproductive choice protected in law;
4. The right to bodily autonomy and the ability of women and/or pregnant people to make non-coerced decisions regarding their reproductive choices;
5. The right to live in a world free of stigma and shame, where reproductive decisions, particularly abortion, are not judged or criminalised; and
6. The right to equality – that no one is denied sexual and reproductive health or rights because of race, ethnicity, social class, sexual orientation, gender identity or as the result of being a person with a disability.